Organization API call not filtering events

Vinay Pallegar

Jul 20, 2021, 1:04:10 PM7/20/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello.  We are making an API call to the organization endpoint to retrieve a list of our events.  Example call we make is:

https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/organizations/[our_org_id]/events/?expand=venue,ticket_availability&status=live&time_filter=current_future

But we always are returned all the events in the system, no matter what filtering arguments we send (ie status=live or status=past produces same results).  Does anyone have any experience working with this endpoint and best way to filter events returned?

Thanks for your help!

nata...@eventbrite.com

Aug 2, 2021, 6:36:25 PM8/2/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Vinay!

Can you please let me know the organization ID you are fetching events for? I am not able to reproduce this issue in my testing but am happy to look into it specifically for your organization!

Best,
Natalie

Vinay Pallegar

Aug 2, 2021, 6:53:29 PM8/2/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello Natalie - Thanks for your message.  The Org ID is 303250005077.  It seems no matter what i send I always get the same object count back.  I did try setting the status first, then time_filter & expand parameters but that didn't seem to matter.  Thanks!

Vinay

Vinay Pallegar

Aug 19, 2021, 5:00:29 PM8/19/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Natalie - Just wanted to see if you had any luck seeing the issue with our organization?  thanks!

nata...@eventbrite.com

Sep 2, 2021, 5:58:54 PM9/2/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Vinay!

Please see the solution Kevin shared here and let me know if you continue to experience parameters being ignored:

Basically, I have to remove content-type: application;/json from the request header. It sounds like if you have that content-type defined, it will ignore the query parameters and look into the body instead.

Thank you!
Natalie

Vinay Pallegar

Sep 2, 2021, 6:03:37 PM9/2/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Natalie.  Thank you for the information, that seemed to solve it!!

Vinay

nata...@eventbrite.com

Sep 2, 2021, 6:06:34 PM9/2/21
to Eventbrite Developers
That's great news, Vinay! Thank you so much for your patience and confirmation!