Webhooks No Longer Firing

Kevin Mulder

Jun 3, 2021, 2:17:16 PM6/3/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello, it seems like our Eventbrite webhooks became stuck recently - no new orders are coming through. There were a number of 403 errors from our site related to bot detection, but we have now whitelisted the Eventbrite user agent. Can someone please take a look at what is going on so we can get the webhooks firing again?

Here are the details of our webhook:
"user_id": "250268239780", "webhook_id": "2329718"

Thanks,
Kevin

nata...@eventbrite.com

Jun 3, 2021, 3:27:26 PM6/3/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hey Kevin,

We took a look and your webhook was disabled after a high volume of 403 errors. It will automatically become re-enabled 24 hours after it is disabled, so you can expect to see it firing again tomorrow. There is no mechanism for enabling it again manually, unfortunately, but I have noted your report to a feature request for this capability.

Apologies for this inconvenience and thank you for clarifying that you have resolved the 403 errors from your site!

Best,
Natalie

Kevin Mulder

Jun 3, 2021, 3:31:38 PM6/3/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Thanks Natalie - it'd be great if there was an option to re-enable it sooner, so thanks for adding that feature request. A follow-up question - once it's re-enabled will it replay all orders that have been placed within the past 24 hours? Or will I need to go back and manually backfill those from my side?

Thanks again,
kevin

Kevin Mulder

Jun 4, 2021, 12:44:11 PM6/4/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Just to follow-up, the webhook did re-enable itself but it seems any orders placed while it was disabled were missed. It only started firing the webhook again for new orders. We are working to manually backfill/catch-up the orders that came in during the timeframe in which the webhook was disabled.

Thanks,
Kevin