500/-3 errors on the /publish and photo update endpoints

Emmanuelle Sohn

Jun 17, 2024, 1:21:21 PM (5 days ago) Jun 17
to Eventbrite Developers
Is anyone else noticing this?

photo upload

-3
java.net.SocketException: Broken pipe

/publish

{
"status_code": 500,
"error_description": "The server encountered an internal error.",
"error": "INTERNAL_ERROR"
}

James Kehoe

Jun 17, 2024, 9:29:51 PM (5 days ago) Jun 17
to Eventbrite Developers
Yes, i just joined this group to ask about this issue. I'm getting 500 errors on the publish endpoint for any valid event ID. Going into the UI, i also see strange behavior when manually clicking the Publish button - I am served a notification that says there was an error publishing - 'event already published or deleted' (i'll grab the exact message next time i try to publish something). But despite the notification, if I wait a few moments the page reloads and i get a success message and can confirm that the event is in a published state. Hopefully this helps the investigation!

Emmanuelle Sohn

Jun 18, 2024, 12:11:45 PM (4 days ago) Jun 18
to Eventbrite Developers
Thanks!

I haven't noticed that behavior in the UI (I've been able to publish successfully via UI), but I'm continuing to see 500 errors when publishing events or photos via API.

I'm not seeing an incident reported https://www.eventbritestatus.com/ yet which is surprising!

Vaughn Skinner

Jun 18, 2024, 4:41:35 PM (4 days ago) Jun 18
to Eventbrite Developers
I'm seeing the same thing (500 errors on publish).  I have a set of unittests for validating my middleware service that accesses EventBrite.  Everything is working except for the publish.  The publish stopped working about a week ago.  I haven't changed any code on my side.