Event cancelled but appear in api as "live"

Chris McCaw

Mar 24, 2022, 1:19:59 PM3/24/22
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello, A customer of mine cancelled their event https://www.eventbrite.com/e/kadiant-land-park-job-fair-tickets-269616288577 but the api is still returning "live". Seems like a new issue that recently appear

Thanks,

Chris

Laurie K - Talent Buyer

Mar 29, 2022, 9:31:06 AM3/29/22
to Eventbrite Developers
I'm  having this issue as well. The event is canceled, but the website shows "Tickets on Sale Soon." As an end user, I'm also confused why the Eventbrite Team doesn't follow through with this issue, and they are having me go to a Developer Forum.

Nathan Tinius

Apr 15, 2022, 10:00:35 AM4/15/22
to Eventbrite Developers
We are also having this issue... Please let us know if there is an alternative endpoint or method we should be accounting for with cancelled events.

Jim

Nov 8, 2023, 11:36:09 PM11/8/23
to Eventbrite Developers
The "secret" with seeing canceled event status in the API is that you need to add an "expansion" to the API request, as noted in this thread.

Including expand=event_sales_status in the API request URL string will add more info to the response, like

            "event_sales_status": {
                "sales_status": "sales_ended",
                "start_sales_date": null,
                "message": "Cancelled",