Webhook for `attendee.updated` not firing on attendee creation

sim...@thebutterflyclub.com

Mar 16, 2021, 10:49:26 PM3/16/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi folks,

For approx 24 hours now, no webhook related to `attendee.updated` has fired on attendee creation despite plenty of attendees booking. Webhooks triggered by other events like `event.updated` are working fine.

Genuinely updating an attendee (such as, for instance, changing the check-in status via the Eventbrite website) fires the webhook as expected. This is not solution though, as there is no dedicated `attendee.created` trigger and we rely on `attendee.updated` to be notified of new attendees.

I appreciate there was a related issue with webhooks delay that was resolved last week, perhaps this is related? If it helps, we are looking at webhook id 960558.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Simone

sim...@thebutterflyclub.com

Mar 16, 2021, 11:27:49 PM3/16/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Update: new attendees are now coming through, still no sign of  attendees who booked in the ~24 hours between roughly 2am UTC 16 March to 2am UTC 17 March.

sim...@thebutterflyclub.com

Mar 17, 2021, 7:41:50 AM3/17/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Ah, that didn't last.

Webhooks stopped firing on attendee creation from 6:30am UTC March 17 and are still dead.

To recap (all times in UTC):
  • No webhooks fired for attendees created between approx 2am 16 March and 2am 17 March (~24 hours)
  • Webhooks firing as normal between 2am 17 March and 6:30am 17 March (~4.5 hours)
  • No webhooks firing for attendees created after 6:30am 17 March (ongoing).
Any idea what's happening?

(also: are we the only ones having this problem?)

All the best,
Simone

Iván García

Mar 17, 2021, 12:10:28 PM3/17/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Simone,

No, you are not the only one having that issue. We are experiencing the same problem, no webhooks are being fired on our side. In our particular case the order.placed webhook is the one that is not been fired.

I do not have the exact time since this is happening, but we are having issues at least since the 13th of  March.

As you mentioned in other Support Request, the webhooks are showing  a 408 Request Timeout, but we are not receiving any request on our side.

Maybe it's a problem in the Eventbrite networks.

Someone from Eventbrite could review this issue?

Thanks.
Regards.

sim...@thebutterflyclub.com

Mar 17, 2021, 9:13:15 PM3/17/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Eventbrite,

Still no webhooks fired since my last update, here's the latest recap (all times UTC):
    • No webhooks fired for attendees created between approx 2am 16 March and 2am 17 March (~24 hours)
    • Webhooks firing as normal between 2am 17 March and 6:30am 17 March (~4.5 hours)
    • No webhooks firing for attendees created after 6:30am 17 March (~17 hours, ongoing).
    • Test webhooks from Eventbrite interface work fine.
    This is starting to cause serious issues at our end, are you able to give us a progress update?

    Also hello Iván: sorry to hear this is affecting you too, but strangely comforting to know we are not alone!

    Mark Williams

    Mar 18, 2021, 9:05:09 AM3/18/21
    to Eventbrite Developers
    Is this a problem with all webhooks?  I'm currently testing event.updated, getting requests just fine when using the test feature in "Manage Webhooks" but when altering details in an event, nothing is coming through.

    alex lerner

    Mar 18, 2021, 3:09:24 PM3/18/21
    to Eventbrite Developers
    Our webhooks are not firing as well,

    sim...@thebutterflyclub.com

    Mar 18, 2021, 9:47:09 PM3/18/21
    to Eventbrite Developers
    Hi everyone,

    After a brief moment of respite, webhooks are dead again. Latest recap for us (all times UTC):
      • No webhooks fired for attendees created between approx 2am 16 March and 2am 17 March (~24 hours)
      • Webhooks firing as normal between 2am 17 March and 6:30am 17 March (~4.5 hours)
      • No webhooks firing for attendees created between 6:30am 17 March to 6:30am 18 March (~24 hours).
      • Webhooks firing as normal between 6:30am 18 March to 10:45am 18 March (~4.25 hours)
      • No webhooks firing for attendees created after 10:45am 18 March (~15 hours, ongoing).
      This is starting to look periodic, with 24-hour off followed by 4.5 hours on.

      Also worth noting that the 4.5 hour periods when webhooks work, only new data comes through - the backlog accumulated during the off times never fires.

      Apologies to other devs here for suggesting this only affects the `attendee.updated` trigger, it's just that our implementation is heavy on that one so we noticed it first.

      If any Eventbrite devs see this, please let us know whether this issue is on your radar.

      All the best,
      Simone

      Cat Templeton

      Mar 19, 2021, 3:52:10 PM3/19/21
      to Eventbrite Developers
      I'm adding on to that that newly webhooks updated/created/deleted events have also not been firing to my calendar application as well. Sometimes if I resend the event manually something will go through. Sometimes it results in a 408 and then never resent. Manually sent webhooks with the same headers/body to the same EP through Postman and all appears to be fine and the 408s aren't appearing in my server logs.

      Eventbrite Developers

      Mar 19, 2021, 4:33:31 PM3/19/21
      to Eventbrite Developers
      Hi All,

      Thank you for the reports. I have filed a ticket and we'll take a look to see what's going on. Please let me know if you have any additional sightings or information to share.

      Best,
      Donna

      sim...@thebutterflyclub.com

      Mar 20, 2021, 7:46:27 PM3/20/21
      to Eventbrite Developers
      Hi Donna,

      Thank you for the update. At our end, webhooks temporarily resumed from 2021-03-18T19:45 UTC before stopping again at 20221-03-20T05:30.

      In other words they were came back to life for 10 hours before stopping again, and have now been off for 18 hours and counting.

      All the best,
      Simone

      Sanjeewa Muhandiram

      Apr 19, 2021, 11:28:51 PM4/19/21
      to Eventbrite Developers
      Hi All,

      We are also experiencing similar issues in webhook events not only "attendee.updated" but for "event.created", "event.updated" etc..

      Our Eventbrite accounts functioning from countries all around the world and these issues occur intermittently for several accounts.
      This is affecting us critically as participants can not see the created events on our platform.

      Any effective help is expected from Eventbrite developers.

      Thanks,
      Sanjeewa

      Natalie Blikslager

      Apr 21, 2021, 7:50:14 PM4/21/21
      to Eventbrite Developers
      Hi Sanjeewa,

      Can you please provide specific event IDs these actions are tied to so we can investigate?

      Thank you!
      Natalie