Populating online event landing page

Chris Dunn

Nov 18, 2021, 9:59:42 PM11/18/21
to Eventbrite Developers
I am trying to populate the description (not the summary) on an online event landing page, as shown with the 'This is a test' text in the below Eventbrite Event:
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/test-series-106-tickets-214416323997

I am currently setting the structured content after event creation with a POST call of this nature:
{"access_type":"private","publish":true,"purpose":"digital_content","modules":[{"type": "webinar", "data":{"webinar_url":{"text":"Test Series 108", "url": "https://www.google.com"},"instructions": {"text":"<p>The Description in Full</p>"}}}]}

Naturally, writing to a "description" field results in an error.

I am able to do this successfully with an in-person event using a text-module, however when I add a webinar-module (or replace the text-module with a webinar-module), the full description disappears from the landing page - the 'This is a test' text is missing:
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/test-series-108-tickets-214434688927

It seems that this field is being copied from the Full Description field on the Event Details page, that is currently deprecated and cannot be directly accessed.

I attempted to add a Text Module but it appears all changes made only impact the Online Event Page, and there doesn't appear to be a field on this page that populates the event description on the landing page.

If I manually select the Details page and save data in the Event Description, it then populates the landing page.

What is the correct method to ensure the event description is being created through POST?

Chris Dunn

Nov 25, 2021, 5:28:06 PM11/25/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Resolved this internally.

In the event anybody else wanders past here with the same issue:
It looks like you currently can't update multiple tabs with a single structured content call.
For this specific context, we had to make one call with the purpose as 'listing', and then a completely second call with the function as 'digital_content'.
The listing allowed us to update the details tab, including setting the full description by populating the 'text' field, and digital_content the same for the webinar tab.