Incorrect Value for Has_Available Tickets for Sold Out Shows

LoganK

Oct 15, 2020, 6:31:11 PM10/15/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Question: Why does the API tell me that shows have tickets available when the ticket classes array is empty?

Response Expected
This event appears to be sold out on the web page and the API response in ticket classes is empty. I would expect to see: "has_available_tickets": false  and  "is_sold_out": true,

I would expect the response for this sold out show to look like:
"ticket_availability": {
"has_available_tickets": false,
"minimum_ticket_price": null,
"maximum_ticket_price": null,
"is_sold_out": true,
"start_sales_date": null,
"waitlist_available": false
},
"ticket_classes": []

Response Received
Instead of the expected response, I receive a response "has_available_tickets": true and "is_sold_out": false , when the ticket classes array is empty.

"ticket_availability": {
"has_available_tickets": true,
"minimum_ticket_price": null,
"maximum_ticket_price": null,
"is_sold_out": false,
"start_sales_date": null,
"waitlist_available": false
},
"ticket_classes": []

Houston Krohman

Oct 19, 2020, 3:16:55 PM10/19/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Logan,

It looks like that event is externally ticketed so even though there are no ticket classes, the API returns tickets available despite not having any ticket classes

LoganK

Oct 19, 2020, 6:43:00 PM10/19/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Thank you Houston.

I have one follow up question regarding the API and externally ticketed events:

1) Do all externally ticketed events have an empty ticket classes array? Would there be any circumstance where there is an API response of is_externally_ticketed : true and ticket classes has data?

Houston Krohman

Oct 22, 2020, 2:31:21 PM10/22/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Yes, an event can be both externally ticketed, as well as have tickets available on Eventbrite in which case is_externally_ticketed = true and the ticket class array would be populated