Curation of Organization IDs to Pull Events Unsuccessful

Adam Stepansky

Oct 12, 2020, 10:12:16 AM10/12/20
to Eventbrite Developers

After a few weeks attempting to pull events for various organizations through Eventbrite’s API, we are at a standstill.  It was suggested that, if we want to pull events from various organizations, we’d need to curate our own list of Organization IDs.  Although not optimal, we implemented this process to our workflow and assembled a 300+ organization list by manually following relevant organizations and noting their IDs.  For almost all of the organizations that we followed, we get error 404 from the API which seems to mean that the Organization ID does not exist.  Furthermore, for the events themselves, when we call the API, it return how many events that Organization has as well as a few other unnecessary pieces of information.  The list of events, however, are empty.  This leads us to believe some sort of permissions may be in play.  Below are two examples:

https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/organizations/18061049507/events {"pagination": {"object_count": 0, "page_number": 1, "page_size": 50, "page_count": 1, "has_more_items": false}, "events": []}

https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/organizations/26470244687/events returns error 404

We completely understand that resources are limited; however, the inability to have a dialogue about this is quite challenging.  We have posted to the forums multiple times and receive information that, unfortunately, has led us to dead ends.

We would be very grateful to have a conversation so that we can move forward successfully and avoid wasted efforts.  Any/all assistance would be greatly appreciated.  In any effort to follow process, we will post this to the forums, but again, would appreciate a timely back and forth so as to optimize our time.

Adam