API Data Not Reflecting Latest Event Status

Brian Yri

Aug 24, 2021, 4:09:42 PM8/24/21
to Eventbrite Developers

Hi we have a custom integration solution where we are calling the EB APIs and syncing data into another DB.  We see a scenario where a user claims to have cancelled an event in the EventBrite platform but when we call the Event API we still see a status of 'live' and I don't see any other data fields that would indicate the Event was cancelled.  Could someone please take a look and let me know if this is and issue.  I'll try the support link but I thought I would post here is well.  Does anyone know if there is a delay or some sort of batch process that runs where we might not see data updates right away via the API?

Anthony Carrick

Aug 26, 2021, 7:42:12 PM8/26/21
to Eventbrite Developers
I'm also using the API in a custom solution, with the same issues. Just now we've cancelled events and they are still showing as 'live' or 'started'. Rather than 'canceled' This causes us to send surveys out unnecessarily. There may be a delay in 'completed' status updating too, I'm not sure yet.

There have been webhook delays in the past, but this doesn't seem to be that same issue.

nata...@eventbrite.com

Sep 7, 2021, 3:08:17 PM9/7/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Brian and Anthony!

There are two different statuses that can reflect a cancellation: the event status and the event sales status. The event's status can be "live", while the event's sales status is "sales_ended" with "message_code": "event_cancelled", for example. Both statuses are important to understanding the event's position!

To retrieve an event's sales status, you will need to add the 'event_sales_status' expansion to your request:
GET https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/events/<event_id>/?expand=event_sales_status

To see more expansions available for the Event Object, check out the Event documentation in our API Reference here!

Best,
Natalie