Event Search API to be Shut Down on Dec 12, 2019

Thomas Mirmo

Dec 5, 2019, 11:07:25 AM12/5/19
to Eventbrite Developers

Hello,

Access to the Eventbrite Event Search API (GET /v3/events/search/) will be shut down at 11:59 pm PT on Thursday, December 12, 2019.

We strongly encourage you to find and remove any code that makes requests to this Event Search API from your applications in advance.

Why is this happening?

We’re removing the Event Search API to further improve the Eventbrite platform and allow us to support more Creators and their events. Allowing public access to this particular API was impacting our platform and the high level of service we strive to provide to our creators and their attendees. We are able to provide alternative access to retrieve your event data through our Event APIs (see below).

What is the replacement API?

To get Events via our API, please see:

If you’re retrieving private events on behalf of another user, you can complete the app authorization flow. If you’re interested in retrieving public events on behalf of many Eventbrite creators, you can apply to our distribution partner program

We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause, and thank you for your understanding. For questions, please reply to this email.

Regards,

Eventbrite

This conversation is locked