API Terms & Email Newsletter

Joel Urena

Nov 24, 2021, 12:30:28 PM11/24/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hey folks,

I'm interested in leveraging the free license to programmatically surface event details into an email newsletter and I had a few questions around the terms.  It’s not clear to me whether email newsletters are included in the term?

The API Terms grant the following license:

 “Eventbrite grants to you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, revocable, limited right to access and use the Eventbrite APIs to develop, test and support your Application and to distribute or allow access to your integration of the Eventbrite APIs within your Application to end users of your Application,

“Applications” is not defined in the Terms, but the Terms indicate that “[u]ndefined capitalized terms used herein” have the definitions in the linked Eventbrite TOS.  The TOS defines Applications as “mobile applications, webpages, application programming interfaces, and subdomains.”

So, the API Terms do not seem to contemplate use for email newsletters, but I'm wondering if my use case would be permissible? Thank you!

Natalie Blikslager

Dec 2, 2021, 4:48:35 PM12/2/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Joel!

Thanks for reaching out to check on this. It is permissible for you to use Eventbrite's API to surface event details into your email newsletter.

All the best!
Natalie