delete event operation does not remove it from the server cache

aggarwal...@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2019, 12:19:01 PM7/9/19
to Eventbrite Developers
Summarize Problem:

Once we delete an event using the API it still exists and is being returned.
Not sure why, but I believe it is because the event is being cached on server
and this event is not removed from the server cache and updated when we delete the event.

What have you already tried?

Please update the server cache on delete operation of event as well

Describe the expected results:

Jacob

Jul 9, 2019, 4:01:16 PM7/9/19
to Eventbrite Developers
Hey Mayank!

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'm happy to try and provide some clarity on this issue.

You are correct that your events are still stored on our servers even after deleting. However, depending on the call you make, and the endpoint you are calling, you can receive different responses.

If you're only interested in returning your own events, the endpoints v3/users/me/events/ and v3/organizations/organization_id/events/ will both return all events created on your account, regardless of the status. However, it should also be noted that /v3/users/me/events/ is in the process of deprecation at Eventbrite, so should not be used moving forward. You can filter the results from the organizations endpoint using the status of the event. Event status can be draft, live, started, ended, completed and canceled. If you set your call to only return "live" events, that will solve the immediate issue of deleted events being returned. However, this call will also return any private events as well.

If you're only wanting to return live, public events, without including multiple parameters in your call, your best option would be the organizer endpoint. Calling v3/organizers/organizer_id/events/ will display all your public events, both live and past.

Hope this helps.

-Jacob
Eventbrite Developer Support