nginx proxy_pass eventbrite image to bypass CORS

CalvinAir

Oct 29, 2021, 10:23:38 AM10/29/21
to Eventbrite Developers
I need to proxy_pass EventBrite image urls ((https://img.evbuc.com/https://cdn/evbuc.com/images/...) in order to bypass CORS so I can render a canvas image of my own.  I am doing this to promote local events as a community service.

Initially, I had an NGINX error of: 'The character encoding of the plain text document was not declared.'  I appeared to have solved that by adding:
charset_types *; charset UTF-8; proxy_http_version 1.1;
to the NGINX location block but that only removed the error while I still get a 403 Fobidden. Tried UTF-16LE and all the other combos.

What am I missing here?  Seems likely there is a much easier way.  Any help?

Natalie Blikslager

Nov 30, 2021, 12:05:37 PM11/30/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello!

Can you please share the following so we can advise?
  • Endpoint you are requesting. Include the entire path, body, and headers. Be sure to redact your OAuth token as the group is a public page.
  • Response you expected from the call.
  • Response you received. Include the error message if you are still receiving one.
Looking forward to helping out!

Thanks,
Natalie