How do I set the event vanity_url via the API?

Ian Cole

Sep 29, 2020, 2:52:08 PM9/29/20
to Eventbrite Developers
When I try to post an update to the vanity_url field, I receive an ARGUMENTS_ERROR

'There are errors with your arguments: event.vanity_url - Unknown parameter'

Is it possible to set the vanity URL via the API?

Thanks, Ian

Houston Krohman

Oct 1, 2020, 9:55:41 PM10/1/20
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Ian,

Can you share the full request and response? (headers, body, ect)

Thanks

Paul Bickmore

Aug 31, 2023, 6:16:30 PM8/31/23
to Eventbrite Developers

I've encountered the same issue while trying to update the vanity_url of an event via the Eventbrite API. After diving into the API documentation and running some tests, it appears that the API returns a 400 Bad Request error with the message "Unknown parameter" when trying to update the vanity_url.

Here's the error response I received:

jsonCopy code
{ "status_code": 400, "error_description": "There are errors with your arguments: vanity_url - Unknown parameter", "error": "ARGUMENTS_ERROR" }

Interestingly, the API documentation doesn't explicitly mention how to set or update the vanity_url, which leads me to believe that this attribute might not be directly editable via the API.

Given this, it seems we might have to manually set the vanity_url through the Eventbrite dashboard, as the API doesn't appear to support this feature.

If anyone has found a workaround or has more information on this, it would be great to hear your insights.