Help with Embedding Anything at all

Laurel foster

May 27, 2021, 6:20:34 PM5/27/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi all,
I have no previous experience with code, so I wanted to start by just mentioning that. I am trying to get a godaddy site to work with the code provided when i created an event. However, I am only getting "Oops... something is wrong at this moment" for the link. I was not able to embed the integrated page at all, and the customer support person mentioned that I should ask my "provider to code it basic html format in short". I do not really know what that means.

If you would like to see the website. It is https://dementiacarepartners.org/trainings

Here is the current code I have pasted in:

<!-- Noscript content for added SEO -->
<noscript><a href="https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dementia-care-partners-july-training-tickets-157120843673" rel="noopener noreferrer" target="_blank"></noscript>
<!-- You can customize this button any way you like -->
<button id="eventbrite-widget-modal-trigger-157120843673" type="button">Buy Tickets</button>

<script type="text/javascript">
    var exampleCallback = function() {
        console.log('Order complete!');
    };

    window.EBWidgets.createWidget({
        widgetType: 'checkout',
        eventId: '157120843673',
        modal: true,
        modalTriggerElementId: 'eventbrite-widget-modal-trigger-157120843673',
        onOrderComplete: exampleCallback
    });
</script>

Hopefully, somebody can help, and thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Laurel

nata...@eventbrite.com

Jun 7, 2021, 5:38:38 PM6/7/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Laurel!

Sorry to hear you are having trouble using the Embedded Checkout on your website. It looks like you are getting an "Oops... something is wrong at this moment" error message for the link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dementia-care-partners-july-training-tickets-157120843673 because the event is a draft event.

In order for guests to view your event and have the event's Embedded Checkout work on your website, you will need to publish the event. You can publish the event from your event's dashboard page if you hover over Publish Event in the top right corner and select Publish Now.

For more information about using the Embedded Checkout feature, check out our Help Center article here.

Please note this forum is for API Developers. For support questions you have in the future, it'd be best that you reach out to our Customer Support team: www.eventbrite.com/support/contact-us

I hope this is helpful!

Best,

Natalie