Difference in Attendees upon order retrieval

Aditya Rane

Jul 12, 2021, 3:07:46 AM7/12/21
to Eventbrite Developers
hi ,
We have noticed some difference in the number of attendees returned by the response for some of the orders
If we retrieve Order by ID i.e. https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/orders/order_id/
it returns only one name (for e.g. Mr. Fname Lname).

then some of the orders are shown with their attendee names in a single records separated by commas
          Prefix                       First_Name                                   Last Name
e,.g. Mr, Mrs, DR        Fname1, Fname2, Fname3    Lanme1,Lmname2, Lanme3
 Shiipping address
Address1, Address2, Address3 etc.

Could you please suggest why this happens? and if there is any way we can split it into the multiple records

nata...@eventbrite.com

Jul 23, 2021, 2:48:52 PM7/23/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello!

Thanks for reaching out! It is expected that v3/orders/order_id/ returns one name, as the Order object represents an Order, which is a single entity that can include multiple Attendees.

If you would like to retrieve attendee data on orders, you can use the Attendees expansion on the Order object, i.e.: GET https://www.eventbriteapi.com/v3/organizations/:organization_id:/orders/?expand=attendees

You can also call the Attendee object to retrieve Attendees by Attendee ID, Event ID, or Organization ID. Note that the quantity returned will always be 1, as we return an individual record for each attendee.

I am not able to reproduce the issue you've mentioned about orders shown with attendee names in a single record separated by commas. As mentioned above, we return an individual record for each attendee, so I am wondering if the issue occurs in the processing of data after you have retrieved it.

I hope this is helpful!

Best,
Natalie