500 error response from "organizations/{org_id}/discounts"

Matt Farrugia

May 27, 2021, 6:09:36 AM5/27/21
to Eventbrite Developers
From 19:40 BST on the 26th of May 2021 we've been receiving 500 errors from the create discount endpoint:

organizations/${org_id}/discounts

A typical request would be:
--header 'Authorization: Bearer <redacted>' \
--header 'Content-type: application/json' \
--data-raw '{"discount":{"type":"access","code":"UNIQUECODE1999","quantity_available":10,"ticket_group_id":"186383"}}'

The response given is:

{"status_code":500,"error_description":"The server encountered an internal error.","error":"INTERNAL_ERROR"}

The code appears to be created; I can find the code by searching it about a minute after the 500 response.

This endpoint with the same params was working up until yesterday with no code changes from us that could have changed anything.

We also appear to have the same issue when creating a discount code in the dashboardScreenshot 2021-05-27 at 11.07.01.png

There are over 40,000 discount codes in the account, possibly the number of codes is causing an issue with the api?

Anyone else had this issue? Or know a solution?

Thanks,

- Matt

nata...@eventbrite.com

May 27, 2021, 8:20:45 PM5/27/21
to Eventbrite Developers

Hey Matt,

Thanks so much for this detailed report and I'm sorry for the issue you're experiencing.

You are correct, the code is still created, even though you receive a 500 error. This is a known issue that our Engineering team is working to resolve and I've shared your report with them. The information you shared here is really helpful to our investigation and we appreciate it.

I will report back as I receive updates!

Best,
Natalie

nata...@eventbrite.com

May 28, 2021, 10:52:27 AM5/28/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hi Matt,

This issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience!

Please let us know if you see further instances of the issue.

Best,
Natalie

Matt Farrugia

Jun 11, 2021, 10:28:25 AM6/11/21