eventbrite API start date

john hampson

Feb 22, 2021, 10:31:02 AM2/22/21
to Eventbrite Developers
hi

so i am creating events through the API and i have used the Eventbrite api link to check this, as well as though my own code.

in the UK, it's currently GMT, and so if i send a startdate of 2021-02-22T11:00:00Z then the event is created for 11am on the 22nd feb. Eventbrites page shows the event at that time as well. all good

but if through the API, i create an event for 2021=07-01T11:00:00Z today, then it adds an our to the time. because it knows 1st july is in BST. it doesn't think i want 11:00am BST, it adds an hour and sets the event as 12:00BST, even though i give it as 11:00:00Z

i could hack this , to remove an hour before sending it, so Eventbrite then adds an hour and i get the correct value of 11:00am, but that would mean hardocding a lookup table for all GMT/BST/ boundaries

it seems like a bug, ot what am i missing ???

Natalie Blikslager

Mar 8, 2021, 1:16:56 PM3/8/21
to Eventbrite Developers
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out! You can specify the timezone when creating an event via API to solve for the additional hour being added in.

You'll notice the timezone is determined in the event's start and end time by the data type datetime-tz, which is an object with two fields. For more information, check out our User Guide on creating events here: https://www.eventbrite.com/platform/docs/create-events

Please let us know if this does not work for you by replying here.

Best,