why is virtual environment preferred

lawquest

Jan 5, 2020, 1:31:48 AM1/5/20
to Event and Task Manager
I just updated to etm 3.06 by running: pip3 install -U etm-dgraham.  Seems to run fine but I don't think it is installed in a virtual environment.  It is simply in my home/etm-pypi directory.  I get to it by navigating to that directory and telling file manager Dolphin to "open terminal here."  I then run etm4 and etm opens.

Should I see if I can re-install it in a virtual environment?  I would rather not unless it is important.

John

lawquest

Jan 5, 2020, 1:37:00 AM1/5/20
to Event and Task Manager
I mean etm 4.06 instead of 3.06.

Dan

Jan 5, 2020, 8:54:42 AM1/5/20
to Event and Task Manager
The virtual environment is just for convenience - installed that way there is no effect on the rest of your system. Also, no need for super user permissions.