What is the status of Nodejs client support for EventStore

Leopold ODonnell

Apr 29, 2020, 2:45:14 PM4/29/20
to Event Store
We are about to start a large EventStore engineering effort - we have a NodeJS skillset in the team and many of the existing services that will be touched are Nodejs.

The node-eventstore-client appears to be the only viable client library, but has not been actively maintained.

What are people in the community doing?

Mat McLoughlin

Apr 29, 2020, 2:59:57 PM4/29/20
to event...@googlegroups.com
Hey Lepold,

The plan is to release an official supported Event Store NodeJS client in the near future. We are working on timelines at the moment.

Thanks
Mat

Leopold ODonnell

Apr 29, 2020, 4:10:18 PM4/29/20
to Event Store
thanks - one of our concerns is that ES moving to grpc may break things and that we'd have to fork the module and start supporting it. A timeframe would be helpful :-)