How to use catch-up subscriptions with HTTP API

John Lazos

Mar 31, 2020, 8:55:25 AM3/31/20
to Event Store
I'm exploring subscriptions for the first time, but I'm only finding .NET API documentation for how to write clients that use them. Are there examples of HTTP API usage? I've found examples of creating subscriptions, but not of consuming events from them.

I want my Java client to populate read models for reporting, and it seems like until projections can support starting from stream positions, subscriptions are a decent way to do this.

Steven Blair

Mar 31, 2020, 8:59:21 AM3/31/20
to Event Store
John,

I might be wrong, but I think you have poll the eventstore with the lastPosition and then retrieve the events, whereas on the .NET interface (and others) you have a permanent connection so can get notified when a new event appears.

Greg Young

Mar 31, 2020, 9:15:13 AM3/31/20
to event...@googlegroups.com
This whole section of documentation covers the http api (atom).

For how to consume them this would be up to your code (this stuff handles getting the event to your code). Do you have specific questions about things or?

On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 8:55 AM John Lazos <jela...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm exploring subscriptions for the first time, but I'm only finding .NET API documentation for how to write clients that use them. Are there examples of HTTP API usage? I've found examples of creating subscriptions, but not of consuming events from them.

I want my Java client to populate read models for reporting, and it seems like until projections can support starting from stream positions, subscriptions are a decent way to do this.

Studying for the Turing test