tac_plus-ng and Cisco Wireless Controller

polichko dmitri

Feb 23, 2024, 1:03:34 AMFeb 23
to Event-Driven Servers
Hello,

I installed and configured tac_plus-ng without problems, everything works great with Cisco switches, but unfortunately it doesn’t work with the Cisco 2504 wireless controller.

I found old discussions from 2018 at the latest and for tac_plus with the old syntax.

Can you give an example configuration for wlc for tac_plus-ng?

Marc Huber

Feb 23, 2024, 11:26:29 AMFeb 23
to event-driv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On 22.02.2024 22:32, polichko dmitri wrote:
> I installed and configured tac_plus-ng without problems, everything
> works great with Cisco switches, but unfortunately it doesn’t work
> with the Cisco 2504 wireless controller.

I'd say that

profile = ... {
    if (service == ciscowlc) {
        set role1 = MONITOR
        permit
    }
}

should do the trick.

Also, the very latest GIT also supports auto-numbering, so with multiple
roles instead of using "role1", "role2" etc.,

profile = ... {
    if (service == ciscowlc) {
        set role%%d = WLAN
        set role%%d = SECURITY
        set role%%d = COMMAND
        permit
    }
}

is an option.

Cheers,

Marc

polichko dmitri

Feb 23, 2024, 4:40:29 PMFeb 23
to Event-Driven Servers
Hi, Marc,

thank you very much, this solution really works!

Regards
Dmitry

пятница, 23 февраля 2024 г. в 17:26:29 UTC+1, Marc Huber:
Message has been deleted