tac_plus-ng - Debug settings in config file not honored?

strikerx22

Mar 25, 2024, 4:28:56 PMMar 25
to Event-Driven Servers
I'm working on building a Docker image of tac_plus-ng and I cannot get debug logging to work correctly. The only way I've been successful so far is to get the application to launch with -d -1, but that doesn't provide much flexibility for off the cuff troubleshooting.

Issues:
- Without any -d in the command string, I get no output at all in the stdout logs.
- When I add my chosen 'debug = PARSE AUTHOR AUTHEN... ' options to my config file, the application launches without an issue, but still no logs.
- Attempted to run the main command with '-d -1' and I was able to get logs, but it was ALL debug output, and not just the selected options.
- Tried running the command with just -d, but that returns me to getting no logs at all.

Unfortunately, the documentation is not very clear on the debugging methodology or output, so I've been unable to get this resolved on my own.

My questions become:
1. Is the debug output writing to somewhere other than stdout? I suspect this isn't the case based on the fact that '-d -1' gives me tons of logs where expected.
2. Can I write the debug output to a file instead of relying on stdout? Don't see a method for this in the config docs.
3. Is there a better method to accomplish this goal?