Welcome banner is not displayed

Yannick Champs

Mar 19, 2024, 8:03:48 AMMar 19
to Event-Driven Servers
Hi,
my host config is simple howewer, the login banner is not displayed with Cisco IOS XR and NX-OS.

        host IPv4_world {
        address = 0.0.0.0/0
                welcome banner = "\n WARNING !!\n\n Network ACCESS is RESTRICTED and LOGGED  !!\n\n"
                key = 123456
        }

strikerx22

Mar 26, 2024, 12:08:24 PMMar 26
to Event-Driven Servers
I noticed this as well in our environment and, unfortunately, I think it's just a shortcoming with the NX-OS platform. I don't have any IOS-XR to test or I would. NX-OS only supports motd and exec banners and doesn't appear to honor the banners provided by TACACS. I have both welcome and motd banners sent via TACACS and NX-OS is not displaying either.

If anyone has or finds a workaround, I'd love to hear it, but a quick Google search suggests this is just the way Cisco chooses to be :/

Kindest Regards,
Ryan N. Davis