Struggling with map

Zagor

Mar 5, 2021, 3:51:43 AM3/5/21
to Evennia
Hi everybody I'm struggling with map rendering.

I've followed this tutorial, and built a small map by hand (see screenshots)
https://evennia.readthedocs.io/en/latest/Dynamic-In-Game-Map.html

I would like to import this map in ASCII format, from a text file and I would like to apply some of these concepts here: https://github.com/evennia/evennia/blob/master/evennia/contrib/wilderness.py

Unfortunately I cannot figure how to combine the two things...
Any tips or something can help me? Thank you in advance!
Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 09.48.33.png

Griatch Art

Mar 17, 2021, 4:15:18 PM3/17/21
to Evennia
It's a little hard to know what you are having trouble with, but if you want to use an ASCII map, maybe https://github.com/evennia/evennia/blob/master/evennia/contrib/mapbuilder.py is a better choice?
If you do want to use the wilderness contrib you need to figure out a way to map your ASCII coordinates to coordinates used by the willderness.You can probably loop over your ascii image row by row and column by column and use the symbol at each position  to build a structure wilderness code understands.
.
Griatch