Passwords and Symbols

Quilnux

Feb 16, 2021, 8:18:30 PM2/16/21
to Evennia
I've noticed that certain symbols for passwords are not permitted. Examples include !, #, $, %, & etc.

First, is there a reason for this that causes a security risk to include them, and second, if the answer to the first question is no, is there a way to implement them into the server?

Griatch Art

Feb 17, 2021, 4:10:14 PM2/17/21
to Evennia
This is standard security for Django passwords I think. I don't know offhand why this is, but I guess they have a reason for it.

Quilnux

Feb 17, 2021, 4:15:12 PM2/17/21
to Evennia
I don't know much personally about Django. I guess I'll have to go look at that further. Thanks!