Moving world to another server

Quilnux

Feb 8, 2021, 2:12:26 PM2/8/21
to Evennia
Hey, quick question. I'm getting ready to move my Evennia World to a dedicated server. Assuming Evennia is already installed on the destination server, can I just copy my world folder and drop it into the destination server or is there additional work required?

Kovitikus

Feb 8, 2021, 2:22:01 PM2/8/21
to Evennia
Your gameworld is saved in evennia.db3, which is located in the server directory. Make sure you also transfer secret_settings.py under server/conf as well. Those are the two main files you need. The rest of your project should be already on GitHub.

Quilnux

Feb 8, 2021, 6:33:08 PM2/8/21
to Evennia
Sweet! I wasn't able to login when I just moved the world folder. I transferred the secret_settings.py and it is working now. Thanks!

Kovitikus

Feb 8, 2021, 7:11:16 PM2/8/21
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear it is working for you.

The secret_settings.py file has some sort of user authentication token mumbo jumbo stuff or something like that. It mentions so in the file itself. It's not something anyone would know is required to make the db3 work; you just have to be told.