Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Quilnux

no leída,
9 feb 2021, 7:41:36 p.m.9/2/21
para Evennia
So out of curiosity, is there any good reason to have a player go into OOC state for a "one account, one puppet" mode where they will never change the character they use?

I come from the days of SMAUG and ROM MUD where OOC was more of a channel construct for chat purposes. Never really thought of OOC as a "state" until Evennia so I was curious if there was any other useful way to use the OOC state other than when switching puppets.

Kovitikus

no leída,
9 feb 2021, 7:53:43 p.m.9/2/21
para Evennia
It's just some generic Evennia behavior. I personally have no use for it and at some point I'll be taking measures to cut it from my project entirely. The OOC state is basically "character selection" and Evennia has a default character storage that players can use to change characters. I plan on making my own custom character storage and selection.

Quilnux

no leída,
9 feb 2021, 8:14:08 p.m.9/2/21
para Evennia
Ok. I just thought it was an interesting idea making OOC a state instead of just a chat construct. Only other way I see using it would be of a user wanted to go AFK they could OOC themselves then come back in once they return. But I also see it as a possible exploit for combat where if the combat isn't going your way, you can quickly OOC yourself and effectively end the combat against your character.

Kovitikus

no leída,
9 feb 2021, 8:28:01 p.m.9/2/21
para Evennia
You can make a combat state flag on a character's attributes (True/False) so that the game checks if the character is currently in combat and denies their OOC request. It could be useful as an AFK option, depending on your game.

Quilnux

no leída,
9 feb 2021, 8:34:53 p.m.9/2/21
para Evennia
Yeah, I thought about that. Something else I considered was to add a delay when they choose OOC where it will force them to stay in IC for 10 or 15 seconds before it actually puts them into IC.

j3b

no leída,
9 feb 2021, 8:46:59 p.m.9/2/21
para Evennia
In multisession = 0, and maxcharacters = 1  (the default setup--- you can try this in the demo) you can delete your default character which has the same name as your account. This puts you into OOC until you use "charcreate" to create a new character possibly with a new name. I sometimes wonder if this is ideal, since the admin might be hoping to prevent players from having mismatched account/character pairs.
Responder a todos
Responder al autor
Reenviar
0 mensajes nuevos