I used Evennia in the 48h online hackathon "Challenge One Health" :-)

Rolf Hemmerling

Mar 17, 2021, 3:46:03 PM3/17/21
to Evennia
Hello,

I used Evennia in the German 48h Hackathon "Challenge One Health"

. I started with complete software installion on Windows ( compliment: excellent howto-install instructions! ) , while I used the Hackathon time to pass the 2 tutorials "First Steps Coding" and "Tutorial for a basic MUSH like game".

So to be honest, this was not really a complete application, but the other 4 teams mostly had just developed concepts and no real coding at all, no prototype. So it was not a nerd hackathon, nor a hackathon of professional coders.

BUT I was able to record a requested pitch video, where I operated the MUSH game in a way, that it looked as if it was already a first step für the real "Challenge One Health" MUD application :-). The requested pitch video length was 3 minutes, I did almost 4 minutes, so it was within the accepted range.

See my video in German language

and my GitHub project with additional presentation sheet about a simple MUD map

So what Evennia MUD operations did I present in the video:

help
examine
set self/desc = "I am Rolf"
+createNPC impfstoff3
# German "Impfstoff" = English "vaccine", a buzzword for this hackathon
examine impfstoff3
+editNPC impfstoff3/power = 100
examine impfstoff3
+attack
+npc impfstoff = +attack

So I am not a "winner", nor a professional MUD coder, but for me it was ok.

--

I had a little problem with "Tutorial for a basic MUSH like game". I think that 3 lines were missing in the tutorial, which must be included:

**********************
self.add(command.CmdCreateNPC())
self.add(command.CmdEditNPC())
self.add(command.CmdNPC())

Sincerely
Rolf

Griatch Art

Mar 17, 2021, 4:09:56 PM3/17/21
to Evennia
Very cool! Glad you found use of Evennia (and the tutorials) in your hackathon!
.
Griatch