Running emote from a NPC character without scripts

Quilnux

Feb 10, 2021, 4:39:44 PM2/10/21
to Evennia
Is there a way to execute an emote from an NPC character as an admin (DM) without using a script and without IC'ing into the NPC puppet?

Kovitikus

Feb 10, 2021, 4:40:58 PM2/10/21
to Evennia
emit

There should be a help entry on it. You can use it to emit messages from any object or room and to any number of them.

Quilnux

Feb 10, 2021, 4:41:26 PM2/10/21
to Evennia
Thanks. I'll take a look.

Quilnux

Feb 10, 2021, 5:05:18 PM2/10/21
to Evennia
Unfortunately this doesn't look like what I was looking for. I'll just have to puppet the NPC's for now. Thanks for your help though!

Griatch Art

Feb 10, 2021, 5:22:35 PM2/10/21
to Evennia
You can use the `force` command; this instructs an object to execute a command on itself, such as `force bob = emote Hello!`
.
Griatch

Quilnux

Feb 10, 2021, 5:36:05 PM2/10/21
to Evennia
Thats what I'm looking for.

There is so much richness in Evennia. Hard to keep track of it all. Thanks!