What happened to the cardwiki?

Folcon Red

Oct 3, 2018, 9:02:26 PM10/3/18
to Eve talk
I've been looking at activity here on and off and today I spotted this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZQoAKJPbh8&t=47m

And I'm wondering what issues came up with the cardwiki concept that made the team abandon it?

I've no idea how to run the version Chris Granger is showing in the video.

The closest I've gotten is: (I'm using node 8 via brew)
git clone https://github.com/witheve/eve-experiments/
git checkout
-b card-wiki af13f8d5f8a537d22c459f3e69e39b2736b16384
cd experimental
/cardwiki/

npm install
tsc

Then open the file eve-experiments/experimental/cardwiki/editor.html in a browser, such as chrome.

There's a version that I've not gotten working at all:
git checkout -b last-experimental 8c2f4a05a15de6476e8194e20cdbd006abea61a9

cd experimental
/cardwiki/

./run.sh

Which fails on typescript errors, if anyone has any idea how to get it working, I'd appreciate it!

Folcon Red

Oct 3, 2018, 9:18:50 PM10/3/18
to Eve talk
It seems I might have spoken a little too soon.

You can get the last version of the cardwiki running by doing:

git checkout -b last-experimental 8c2f4a05a15de6476e8194e20cdbd006abea61a9

cd experimental
/cardwiki/

node run
.js -s

If anyone has any idea how to use this, that would be interesting. I'm going to try and see if I can reproduce some of the commands from Chris's Video.

There's some pretty amazing exploration of things happening here, I really hope Chris gives a retrospective at some point in the future.

stew...@gmail.com

Oct 6, 2018, 7:28:44 AM10/6/18
to Eve talk
Not sure if it's related or not but there was also eve in tiddlywiki.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/eve-talk/VTmNiuIbXt4

Folcon Red

Oct 8, 2018, 5:05:46 PM10/8/18
to Eve talk
Thanks for mentioning that =)...

It's a pretty impressive! I'm definitely going to look at that further.