Large East Coast US EVE player gathering in August includes a EVE CCG Tourney w/ 90+ attendees

Exooki

Jul 9, 2015, 4:24:33 PM7/9/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
In case any of you are interested August 6-Aug 9th there is a large meetup taking place on a farm in central New Hampshire.

The event goes all weekend long, and does have a entrance ticket, but if you just want to swing by for one day to play some cards let me know and we can work something out. Food, drink (non alcoholic), and tons of fun included in the ticket.

While the event itself is geared towards currently playing EVE players, its really just a big BBQ with most of it just hanging out and playing board games or chatting with people so you don't need to currently ( or even ever have) played eve to have a good time.

In addition to the EVE CCG stuff 2 CCP ( the company that makes EVE) game developers will be in attendance, theres an inflatable gladiator ring, and there will be piles of board games and presentations or games with people, along with fireworks ending the event on saturday night.

www.EVENewEngland.com is the website if anyone is interested.

Christian Herr

Jul 9, 2015, 5:11:07 PM7/9/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Cameron,

Looks like a great event-

Having the tournament be a sealed event sounds like a great way to
level the playing field, and bring in new players.

One suggestion: I didn't see any card trading times on your schedule.
Perhaps you could schedule a certain time when people could trade
cards, or have some kind of board where people could post their wants,
etc. (Perhaps both!)
(I guess you need to decide if folks could trade inside the
tournament, or if the trading would just be fore people working to
complete their collections outside the tournament.)

Were you able to do any more work on the Promo cards? If so, I
was curious if you were going to allow them in the tournament.

I wish I could go, but I still have a conflict in the Washington DC
Metro Area and can't go. : (

Chris
> --

#+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++#
+ Christian Herr
+ chris...@gmail.com Cam# US2002-02-2281 (was 9405-144)
+ The clerk departed in sullen silence, glaring daggers at me-
+ well, glaring letter openers, anyway;
+ The clerk didn't seem real sharp.

Exooki

Jul 9, 2015, 5:17:06 PM7/9/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately life has had me too busy to finish them up, I am going to make an attempt to get 1 printed, probably not the original 4 I was after. If they happen ill make sure to save you some as promised :)

Great idea on the trading! Ill add some time in. The event itself has a lot of free time so it wont be hard to fit it in there.