New Owner/Manager

Ticondrius

Dec 27, 2019, 2:38:40 PM12/27/19
to EVE CCG Community
Greetings!
        I just wanted to say hello since I don't think I've ever actually posted to this group before, in spite of reading every digest that google sent to my email for years.  My name here is the same as in EVE, though as of 2017, I finally quit playing after 15 years.  The sale of CCP to a Korean company killed all hope for the game's long term future for me.  That said, CCP gave us much to appreciate and enjoy within those 15 years, the EVE CCG being one of them.  :)

        I was one of the first people to see the CCG, and was one of a handful of Demo Agents (We got our own special CCG t-shirts!) selected.  I spread the game in South-central Mexico and in the Northeast USA on the main, demoing in mall island stands in Mexico, and in hobby stores in the US.

        I have a complete (as far as I can tell) collection of cards, x4, excepting promo cards of which I only have 1x of all of them and 2x of some.

        I worked on a HTML5 adaptation of the CCG that would have integrated into EVE via the IGB, but CCP canned support for the IGB extensions a few months before I was going to release it.  Having to then write yet another app to scrape data from a trial account client made it far more complex than I wanted to deal with.  And before you ask, I did have copyright holder permission to do the project.  I was even allowed to collect real $$ via donation only to support the hosting of the site.  It was frustrating that they, knowing this was in the pipeline, killed the feature in the game that made it work.  *sigh*

        In the meantime, I'd like to see about the idea of setting up a website where we can host a searchable & browsable website database of every card released and known, and setup some sort of standardized means of playing the game online.  To that end, we also need to go over the published rules and polish them somewhat.  Every time I've played the game, there have always been some big ambiguities in the official rules in many situations.  I know some of you probably use house rules to cover those holes, I do too, but we need to come up with a widely supported and agreed upon ruleset that we can push as "unofficial official & tested core rules".

        Looking forward to being a little more active over here, hoping to get the CCG to being a bit more recognized and played too.  So with that, Warp Drive Active....

PoueT

Dec 29, 2019, 10:48:39 AM12/29/19
to EVE CCG Community
Hi Ticondrius,

Thanks for this message. I did not know that there was such project, very interesting to discover that !
I have been playing EVE for 2/3 years, and it was not easy to find the EVE CGG cards in Europe.
I'm looking for online players, for example using tabletop simulator.

If you need any help/support for a website and/or any other project related to EVE CGG please let me know.

Best regards,
Pouet

MannyKunV

Jan 12, 2020, 1:07:00 AM1/12/20
to EVE CCG Community
you wouldnt by chance consider trading or parting with any extra cards would you? some of us are missing only a small handful from the exiled series. being a demo agent sounds exciting. no one i know plays this game so im often showing people how to play etc. even made a video tutorial and unboxing videos.