Gameplay walkthrough/tutorial videos?

Tristan

Feb 25, 2015, 2:01:37 PM2/25/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Good morning. I stumbled across this group while I was looking for gameplay, walkthroughs, and/or tutorials of this game. Does anyone know somewhere I could find videos of playthroughs or the like? Best I've found so far are unboxing vidoes which don't quite give me what I need.

As an aside, is there anyone in Vancouver, BC, that plays? Or nearby?

Thanks in advance!

Daniel Couture

Feb 25, 2015, 9:28:04 PM2/25/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Umm a few provinces to the East! There are a few great strategy posts a little ways down; Exooki's posts. It would be nice for a few videos, but unfortunately, no one to play with in Wpg and OCTGN isn't my favorite application so it would be tough to make.

Cheers and welcome!

Exooki

Feb 26, 2015, 8:42:11 AM2/26/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a specific part or aspect you would like a video of?CCP asked me to make some so they're on my to do list but I haven't gotten to it yet I keep forgetting when I play. If you or anyone else has a request I'll try and make a video for you.

Tristan

Feb 28, 2015, 1:11:31 PM2/28/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Good morning. Thank you both for your replies. I suppose it's one of those things that I would like to see the basics of how the game functions? To make a comparison, Fantasy Flight games make excellent gameplay videos and tutorials that give you a simple taste of the game without going into intricate details. Their x-wing miniatures tutorial videos are right on the money.

If someone did a couple of tutorial videos or did a starter set gameplay walkthrough with another player as each explained their actions that would be amazing.

Just saying. :-)

The game looks pretty interesting! Thanks for your time!

Joseph Corbett

Feb 28, 2015, 8:55:46 PM2/28/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Eve plays like MTG. Aside from being able to move to different areas. The only difference is the combat. Basically when combat has started there are multiple attacks that happen. You do not stop attacking until either your ships are destroyed or you destroy all of your opponents ships in that area.

If you Attack a home base where no ships are you do damage once and then leave.

One of the biggest problems in eve TCG was base hump. This is where somebody would fly in and kamikaze for lethal damage Ftw.

It was one of the reasons the game died. Just poor design.

Joseph Corbett

Feb 28, 2015, 9:21:10 PM2/28/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested in seeing any decent decklist you guys may have.

Tristan

Mar 1, 2015, 1:38:32 AM3/1/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Thanks SavageTofu. That certainly gives me some insight. I'm considering picking up a starter box to try a few games with my friend over some beers. The thoughts and feelings I'm getting from this group is helping, so thank you. If anyone makes a tutorial video I would be happy. :-)

Joseph Corbett

Mar 1, 2015, 2:36:50 AM3/1/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I have considered making a video for years. I need to get around to it.

Most folks play with the rule that before you can Attack a home region you must control 2 outer regions at the beginning of your turn. This stops the whole base rape thing.

The starters are fairly awful. Awful enough that you and your friends will be incredibly bored playing with them. The only thing they are good for is teaching and to get an actual paper rules book. If you can get any of the exiled starters go with those. They have an actual paper updated rules book and a few cards that are nearly impossible to get now. They are scarce.

If you are interested in playing your best bet is to buy booster boxes of second Genesis. There are a few out there still. I bought 6 booster boxes several years ago and that gave me enough rares to make things interesting. I wish I had bought 6 more. It is difficult to throw money into a dead card game that you can get little return from. I only managed to purchase 1 the exiled booster box. Good luck finding any of those.

This game has a ton of triggers. So be prepared for long games. It makes for complicated and intricate play. Lots of command effects like Ambush and patrol ect... I suggest getting some counters that let you remember the triggers as it is easy to forget.

It would be great if this game could have made it in the Living card model. It really had potential. It certainly kept my attention more so then Netrunner or game of thrones lcg.

On Sunday, March 1, 2015, Tristan <trist...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks SavageTofu. That certainly gives me some insight. I'm considering picking up a starter box to try a few games with my friend over some beers. The thoughts and feelings I'm getting from this group is helping, so thank you. If anyone makes a tutorial video I would be happy. :-)

Tristan

Mar 1, 2015, 4:23:27 PM3/1/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
If anyone wants to do a tutorial or 1 vs 1 gameplay video up and post it on YouTube I would be happy to send you a thank you of some sort in the mail. Actually.

Daniel Couture

Mar 1, 2015, 5:03:44 PM3/1/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com

Sounds like a March Break project! Can you wait that long?!? ;)

Le 2015-03-01 15:23, "Tristan" <trist...@gmail.com> a écrit :
If anyone wants to do a tutorial or 1 vs 1 gameplay video up and post it on YouTube I would be happy to send you a thank you of some sort in the mail. Actually.

Message has been deleted

Tristan

Mar 1, 2015, 8:44:10 PM3/1/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I like the sound of this. Anticipation. What are you planning to do exactly?

Daniel Couture

Mar 1, 2015, 10:38:53 PM3/1/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Teach my wife again? hehe no promises!

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 7:44 PM, Tristan <trist...@gmail.com> wrote:
I like the sound of this. Anticipation. What are you planning to do exactly?

Tristan

Mar 4, 2015, 1:06:02 PM3/4/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I am slowly counting the days Daniel. Slowly counting the days. I'm telling you, you should just move up to Canada. It's warm here, I swear. Joking aside I am actually looking forward to you busting out your cards so good on you for taking on the attempt/challenge. I imagine the community would appreciate it as much as I personally would. There are people who likely look the game up and can't find anything much like myself.

Daniel Couture

Apr 5, 2015, 9:46:39 PM4/5/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hey dude. We played, but didn't get through one full game (2 kids under 2ys old...) as it took a while to remember the game. It'll be on the back burner for a bit, but I really like your idea.
Cheers and sorry for not being able to deliver,
Daniel