Metal ISK Tokens (Fanfest 2007)

Tristan

Mar 4, 2015, 1:04:03 PM3/4/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,

At Fanfest 2007 the top ten players reportedly received metal ISK token sets for the CCG. Does anyone know what these look like or does anyone have them? I am curious to see what exactly they ended up looking like but haven't been able to find any images of them.

Thanks much!

Joseph Corbett

Mar 4, 2015, 1:49:56 PM3/4/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
As far as metal ISk tokens I had not heard that.

Tristan

Mar 4, 2015, 2:01:31 PM3/4/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Savage, I noticed it here first - https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE_CCG_at_Fanfest_2007

I have noted it mentioned several times on other sites. Perhaps they don't exist?

On Wednesday, March 4, 2015, Tristan <trist...@gmail.com> wrote:
Good morning,

At Fanfest 2007 the top ten players reportedly received metal ISK token sets for the CCG. Does anyone know what these look like or does anyone have them? I am curious to see what exactly they ended up looking like but haven't been able to find any images of them.

Thanks much!

Jeremy Loscheider

Mar 4, 2015, 2:09:32 PM3/4/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I think what was given away was an extremely small amount and I'd not be surprised if it either was used in some other setting (maybe in the EVE Online store or as a giveaway for another product), or if it wasn't unique to EVE CCG (ie, borrowed from another product line or used something that was somewhat generic). I only say this because it wouldn't make sense to spend the money to cast, mint, store and ship metal giveaways for what was a relatively small contest.

Contact CCP, contact the contact numbers for the FanFest (which is hosted every year apparently), and lastly look at "Victory Coins" or "Futuristic Gaming Coins" on Kickstarter if you can't find the authentic EVE ones.

Antonio Morais

Mar 4, 2015, 3:38:00 PM3/4/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com

Hello all, I got some from a sale of a bunch of used cards. Here is a photo.

Em 04/03/2015 19:09, "Jeremy Loscheider" <stochas...@gmail.com> escreveu:

> I think what was given away was an extremely small amount and I'd not be surprised if it either was used in some other setting (maybe in the EVE Online store or as a giveaway for another product), or if it wasn't unique to EVE CCG (ie, borrowed from another product line or used something that was somewhat generic). I only say this because it wouldn't make sense to spend the money to cast, mint, store and ship metal giveaways for what was a relatively small contest.
>
> Contact CCP, contact the contact numbers for the FanFest (which is hosted every year apparently), and lastly look at "Victory Coins" or "Futuristic Gaming Coins" on Kickstarter if you can't find the authentic EVE ones.
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Tristan <trist...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Savage, I noticed it here first - https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/EVE_CCG_at_Fanfest_2007
>>
>> I have noted it mentioned several times on other sites. Perhaps they don't exist?
>>

>> On Wednesday, March 4, 2015 at 10:49:56 AM UTC-8, SavageTofu wrote:
>>>
>>> As far as metal ISk tokens I had not heard that.

IMG_20150304_203026.jpg

Christian Herr

Mar 4, 2015, 4:02:22 PM3/4/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
I believe they were also given out at GenCon in 2007 for the big tournament.

Here is some data about the event in 2007.

  I played, and it was a great deal of fun-  (And I was a newer player, and learned lots....)

#+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++#
+ Christian Herr
+ chris...@gmail.com Cam# US2002-02-2281 (was 9405-144)
+    The clerk departed in sullen silence, glaring daggers at me-
+ well, glaring letter openers, anyway;
+    The clerk didn't seem real sharp.
#+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++#
Message has been deleted

Tristan

Mar 4, 2015, 5:10:51 PM3/4/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Antonio, you are amazing. That was exactly what I was looking for. You say you got some of these amongst some used cards? I suppose that is quite lucky. Did you get enough to play games with? Nice to see they actually exist and aren't a figment of my imagination. Thank you for that, sir.

Tristan

Mar 6, 2015, 11:04:47 AM3/6/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
At Lostmyimplants suggestion I contacted Fanfest staff and they confirmed they were handed out at a couple different events. I must say CCP staff are quite kind. Anyway, any shots of these that are available would be awesome. Thank you Antonio for the image of the ones you have. From the sound of things you're lucky you snagged a few. I might look at getting these reproduced or an equivalent made up. Shiny.

Exooki

Mar 6, 2015, 4:12:48 PM3/6/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
If you do I may be interested in some for this year's ccg tournament. Let me know!

Antonio Morais

Mar 6, 2015, 4:30:18 PM3/6/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

     I didn't mention it on my previous msg, but they are made of aluminium or some alloy like it, they are the same size and printed with the same image on both sides just like the card ones, although a little bit thinner than those.
     They also aren't used on EvE conquests board game, so they really must be related only with the CCG.

António Morais

At Lostmyimplants suggestion I contacted Fanfest staff and they confirmed they were handed out at a couple different events. I must say CCP staff are quite kind. Anyway, any shots of these that are available would be awesome. Thank you Antonio for the image of the ones you have. From the sound of things you're lucky you snagged a few. I might look at getting these reproduced or an equivalent made up. Shiny.

Tristan

Mar 6, 2015, 6:19:43 PM3/6/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
António, if possible can I get another picture or two? Maybe with better lighting? If not no harm done but if you could I'll buy you a Coke.

Tristan

Mar 9, 2015, 12:47:22 PM3/9/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Good morning! Could someone tell me what the size is of one of the cardboard ISK tokens? Antonio stated that they were the same size as the metal ones and unfortunately my cardboard tokens have not arrived yet. I need to get the dimensions for these tokens down on paper. They don't look much bigger then a quarter or a Loonie? To whomever answers thanks much. It's appreciated.

Antonio Morais

Mar 9, 2015, 6:14:55 PM3/9/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

    they are 25.5 mm which is aprox 1 in, with 0.82 mm tick or 0.032 in,  sorry didn't had the time to take more pictures yet.

    Hope this helps

Regards

António Morais

Antonio Morais

Mar 9, 2015, 6:21:41 PM3/9/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com
The measures I gave you before was for the metal ones, the cardboard are 1.46 mm tick or 0.057 in. The diameter is the same.

There are also much more smaller tokens on cardboard that came with the exiled sets, those are 15.5 mm in diameter and 0.8 mm tick.

António Morais

Tristan

Mar 10, 2015, 1:36:34 PM3/10/15
to eve...@googlegroups.com