EVAT meeting - Tuesday 5/10/22 @ 4:15 pm

Annette Mills

May 9, 2022, 11:52:28 PM5/9/22
to EVAT

Hi, Team!

I’m looking forward to seeing you tomorrow…

Economic Vitality Action Team Meeting

Tuesday, May 10 – 4:15 to 5:30 pm

Zoom link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89214667659?pwd=VUlvRnRvbk4xSksxd2t5WUp0ckxkZz09

I’ll send an agenda and notes from our April meeting in the morning.

Annette

Annette Mills, Facilitator/Director (she/her/hers)

Corvallis Sustainability Coalition

www.sustainablecorvallis.org

541-230-1237

I live within the traditional homeland of the Ampinefu Band of Kalapuya.  Following the Willamette Valley Treaty of 1855 (Kalapuya …Treaty), Kalapuya people were forcibly removed to reservations at either Grand Ronde or Siletz. Today, the Kalapuya live on tribal lands or tribal-ceded lands throughout the region. Many Kalapuya are active members of the sovereign nations of the Confederated Tribes of the Grand Ronde or the Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians. Kalapuya culture is alive.

Annette Mills

May 10, 2022, 1:56:38 PM5/10/22
to EVAT

EVAT members,

Prior to today’s meeting, please take 2 minutes to review the attached notes from our last meeting.

Here are the commitments that we made:

·         Kate – Make a list of people to invite to be part of the Arts Directory project, schedule a meeting and develop an agenda

·         Ruby – Join with those working on Corvallis Arts Walk/Farm to Table/Buy Local initiative

·         Jerry – Set up another meeting with Kathryn and Annette to explore next steps

·         Sean – Compile ideas gathered from key players re. what a resilient local food system would look like and what is needed to foster its creation

·         Mike – Attend HOUR Exchange Spring event

·         Kirk – Contact Michael Shuman

·         Annette – Contact Cindee Lolik about convening a Buy Local First Committee meeting

Here’s a proposed agenda for this afternoon:

1.       Introductions/Check-in question – Where do you recommend that people spend their money so that their dollars benefit the local economy?

2.       Updates/Discussion

·         Local Currency (Mike)

·         Arts Hub/Arts Directory (Kate)

·         CAW/Farm to Table/Buy Local (Adrienne, Annette)

·         Making Contacts for New Projects (Kirk)

·         Place-making/Toolkit for Outdoor Public Events (Jerry/Kathryn)

·         Resilient Food & Agriculture System (Sean)

3.       Proposal re. Meetings (Annette)

4.       Next steps – ACTION! (Be ready to tell the team what your next step is to move your project forward.)

See you at 4:15 (Zoom link below).

Annette

Meeting_Notes_EVAT_04_12_22.docx