Flooding

Paul_Klipp

May 24, 2010, 4:23:21 AM5/24/10
to euruko2010
The venue was flooded, and still smells dank and musty. We have a
backup venue. It will be a bit more crowded, but it's not under water,
which is big plus for those of us without gills. It's also in a great
location, just outside the old town and next to the train station.
It's about a 20 minute walk from the old venue, on the other side of
the old town. Details about the location will be posted to the
EuRuKo2010 website.

Best regards,

Paul

Xavier Noria

May 24, 2010, 6:39:15 AM5/24/10
to euruk...@googlegroups.com
Do you know whether the hotels near the venue that are mentioned in
the blog are in good condition? I am at Hotel Park Inn in particular.

Łukasz Badura

May 24, 2010, 7:12:40 AM5/24/10
to euruko2010
On May 24, 12:39 pm, Xavier Noria <f...@hashref.com> wrote:
> Do you know whether the hotels near the venue that are mentioned in
> the blog are in good condition? I am at Hotel Park Inn in particular.

I guess the Park Inn should be fine. To my knowledge the water didn't
make so
far.

Łukasz Badura | http://www.badurowie.org

Paul Klipp

May 24, 2010, 8:25:57 AM5/24/10
to euruk...@googlegroups.com
I called Park Inn and they say that there is no damage. From there,
you can take the tram #19 straight to the new venue. It runs about
every 20 minutes and costs 2.50 zloty or you can buy a 3-day pass for
about 25 zloty. Such a pass will be good on every tram and bus line. I
tried to get free passes for everyone from the city, but I didn't
start asking early enough. It takes them months to make a decision.

Best regards,

Paul
---------------------------------
Paul Klipp
Program Chair
Agile Central Europe
http://agilece.com

Xavier Noria

May 24, 2010, 10:15:03 AM5/24/10
to euruk...@googlegroups.com
Excellent Paul, thanks!

Fernando Guillen

May 24, 2010, 10:17:04 AM5/24/10
to euruk...@googlegroups.com
I'm at City Hostel do you know any issue with this hotel?

* http://www.cityhostel.pl/en/jak-nas-znalezc.html

Regards

f.
--
Fernando Guillén
Freelance Web Developer

Łukasz Badura

May 24, 2010, 10:54:53 AM5/24/10
to euruko2010
On May 24, 4:17 pm, Fernando Guillen <fguillen.m...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm at City Hostel do you know any issue with this hotel?
>
> *http://www.cityhostel.pl/en/jak-nas-znalezc.html

Definetly no flood there.

Regards,
Łukasz Badura | http://www.badurowie.org

Fernando Guillen

May 24, 2010, 11:00:17 AM5/24/10
to euruk...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot Łukasz

f.

elliotcm

May 24, 2010, 12:24:39 PM5/24/10
to euruko2010
Ah, we're going to be in Andel's. Was nice when I stayed there,
though I don't know what the conference area is like.

Elliot

Ela Madej

May 24, 2010, 3:26:42 PM5/24/10
to euruko2010
Lucky you!
The conference area will be great of course ;-)

Manggha was our first choice and it was cooler (with a huge stage)
but Andel's is a great venue, too. It's all about people in the end
and we have gathered quite a crowd!

See you on Friday,

Ela
--
twitter.com/elamadej
applicake.com
> > Paul- Ukryj cytowany tekst -
>
> - Pokaż cytowany tekst -

yanyu

May 24, 2010, 6:25:44 PM5/24/10
to euruko2010
Hello, we are at elephant on the moon hostel ( http://www.elephantonthemoon.com/
), do you know any issue with it? And we are going to drive on the A4
motorway through Wrocław, is it still possible? Thanks in
anticipation.

Best regards,

yanyu

On May 24, 2:25 pm, Paul Klipp <p...@wawelhill.com> wrote:
> I called Park Inn and they say that there is no damage. From there,
> you can take the tram #19 straight to the new venue. It runs about
> every 20 minutes and costs 2.50 zloty or you can buy a 3-day pass for
> about 25 zloty. Such a pass will be good on every tram and bus line. I
> tried to get free passes for everyone from the city, but I didn't
> start asking early enough. It takes them months to make a decision.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Paul
> ---------------------------------
> Paul Klipp
> Program Chair
> Agile Central Europehttp://agilece.com

Piotr Szotkowski

May 25, 2010, 6:36:04 AM5/25/10
to euruko2010
yanyu:

> Hello, we are at elephant on the moon hostel

> (http://www.elephantonthemoon.com/), do you know
> any issue with it?

I just called them and they say they’re prefectly ok.

> And we are going to drive on the A4 motorway through
> Wrocław, is it still possible? Thanks in anticipation.

The current informations seems to indicate A4 is ok:

[Polish] http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/Wiadomosci/1,80708,7930731.html
[Google Translate] http://translate.google.com/translate_c?sl=pl&tl=en&u=http://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/Wiadomosci/1,80708,7930731.html

— Piotr Szotkowski
--