Wordpress Plugin

Fred Leeflang

Jul 10, 2018, 11:37:50 AM7/10/18
to Europeana API forum
Hi,

I installed the WordPress WP-CHContext and tried enabling the widget. It doesn't seem to be working. Is this plugin obsolete? (Last change was made 5 years or so ago.

-Fred

Fred Leeflang

Jul 10, 2018, 11:41:47 AM7/10/18
to Europeana API forum
The Wordpress logfile says:

Fred Leeflang

Jul 10, 2018, 11:50:09 AM7/10/18
to Europeana API forum
Do you still have contact with the developer of the plugin? If he's no longer interested I'd like to pick up the maintenance of the plugin.

James Morley

Jul 10, 2018, 5:19:26 PM7/10/18
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fred

I believe Marcin Werla, the developer of the plugin, is on teh members' council of Europeana and I'm sure he'd be amenable to someone making changes. The easiest way is probably just to do a pull request from https://github.com/psnc-dl/wp-chcontext

My Wordpress skills aren't strong enough to work out what that error means, let alone fix it, but one thing to note that will also cause an issue is that chcontext.min-1.1.0.js is making requests to the Europeana API via http so this needs to be changed to https

Good luck!

James

---
James Morley

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu
---

Fred Leeflang

Jul 11, 2018, 3:11:42 PM7/11/18
to Europeana API forum
Thanks James, do you know if Marcin reads this forum as well? Otherwise I'll see that I contact him through the github contact.

Oh I also noticed that the API key email contains a snippet:

Our technical documentation is available at http://labs.europeana.eu/api/ including an API console for testing the API, and community developed libraries for a variety of programming languages.

That URL redirects me to an incorrect https URL

-Fred

Hugo Manguinhas

Aug 2, 2018, 5:57:10 PM8/2/18
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Dear Fred,

We are not the owners and do not maintain the software that is showcase in the Tools or Apps section of Europeana Pro website. We make an effort to regularly go through the list and see if they are still relevant to be showcased but not to the extent of installing and verifying them ourselves.

We appreciate any feedback you can give us.

Kind regards,
The API team