ignore punctuation?

Kasper

May 23, 2020, 4:39:11 PM5/23/20
to Europeana API forum
Hi everyone,

I have a simple question - is it possible to ignore punctuation in the title?

i.e.:
The title is "abc, def" and when I search "abc def" I get no result. It works with (ab* def) but maybe there is a better solution?

Thanks!

Hugo Manguinhas

May 29, 2020, 3:17:10 AM5/29/20
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Dear Kasper,

Thank you for your email.

At the moment, we dont remove punctuation as part of the text analysis (and tokenization) when indexing... this is in our search improvement plan which we aim to have ready by the end of the year as it requires a full reindex and a freeze in our data ingestion.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you need any further assistance, dont hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards,
The API team

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu
---

Hugo Manguinhas | Product Manager API
T: +31 (0)70 3140657

E: hugo.ma...@europeana.eu | Skype: hugo.manguinhas

Be part of Europe's online cultural movement - join the Europeana Network Association: Sign up for the Association | #AllezCulture | @Europeanaeu | Europeana Pro website

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your
system.

Kasper