lower limit for time interval

Ella-Ilona Stern

Aug 7, 2020, 11:14:18 AM8/7/20
to Europeana API forum
Hello,

I'm new to the Europeana search API, and right now I'm learning about filtering my result sets by applying time intervals.

Based on the online documentation and what I've found here in the group, so far I've used successfully this kind of parameter for years between 1565 and 1570:

qf=when%3A%5B1565-01-01+TO+1570-12-31%5D

and respectively for years starting with 1600:

qf=when%3A%5B1600-01-01+TO+NOW%5D

For years ending with 1570 I've applied this kind of parameter:

qf=when%3A%5B0001-01-01+TO+1550-12-31%5D

and I've gotten results, but I'm not sure what would be the correct and expected syntax for the "zero year" as lower limit for my time interval.

Here is a sample query:

I understand that filtering after a time interval is somewhat approximative - due to the aggregation of data coming from numerous independent providers.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ella

P.S.
I'm working on an app for searching online archives (educational project, free of adverts).