Search full text?

Marieke van Erp

May 13, 2020, 5:07:19 AM5/13/20
to Europeana API forum
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it's possible to search for matches in the full text of Europeana records, like you can for example search for newspapers in which the word 'zucker' is mentioned through the Newspaper portal: https://www.europeana.eu/en/collections/topic/18-newspapers?page=1&view=grid&query=zucker

From the description and some queries I tried, it looks like the search api only queries metadata or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Marieke

Hugo Manguinhas

May 13, 2020, 7:11:14 AM5/13/20
to europe...@googlegroups.com, merp...@gmail.com
Dear Marieke,

Thank you for your email.

The fulltext functionality is supported by a separate range of APIs which is documented at: https://pro.europeana.eu/page/iiif . In particular for searching, see the section "SEARCHING ON FULL-TEXT".

Please let us know if you need any further information.

Sincerely,
The API Team

--
Visit Europeana Labs for API Documentation, Open Datasets, and our Apps Showcase - http://labs.europeana.eu
---

Hugo Manguinhas | Product Manager API
T: +31 (0)70 3140657

E: hugo.ma...@europeana.eu | Skype: hugo.manguinhas

Be part of Europe's online cultural movement - join the Europeana Network Association: Sign up for the Association | #AllezCulture | @Europeanaeu | Europeana Pro website

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your
system.

Marieke van Erp

May 13, 2020, 4:28:02 PM5/13/20
to Europeana API forum
Thanks! It took me a little white to figure everything out (there are so many options! Which is good!) but I got it to work now.

grtz,
Marieke