Announcement: changes on the upcoming release (v2.8.8)

Hugo Manguinhas

May 1, 2019, 3:47:54 AM5/1/19
to europe...@googlegroups.com
Dear Europeana API users,

On both the Search API and Record API, we expose within the field/property edm:isShownAt the link to the providers website where that specific item can be viewed. However, the value that is present in this field is not a direct link but an indirection via our APIs using our redirection endpoint. We have looked into this and find that there is no longer a need for us to keep tempering with this value and would like to make it easier for data consumers to simply reuse the direct link to our data providers.

For these reasons, we would like to deprecate this feature starting from the next release of the Search & Record API (v2.8.8), planned to happen in 3/4 weeks time. This should have no affect on your service unless your service is processing this value to extract the original URL. If that is the case, we would kindly ask you to remove such logic and rely on the value that we will provide.

If you are affected by this change and you need more time to perform the necessary changes on your side, please contact us via a...@europeana.eu and we will find a solution for you.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
The API team

--
Hugo Manguinhas | Product Manager API
T: +31 (0)70 3140657

E: hugo.ma...@europeana.eu | Skype: hugo.manguinhas

Be part of Europe's online cultural movement - join the Europeana Network Association: Sign up for the Association | #AllezCulture | @Europeanaeu | Europeana Pro website

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are
addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your
system.