API: content of a public gallery

Christian Mayr Hofer

Mar 25, 2022, 9:51:11 AM3/25/22
to Europeana API forum
Hi Folks,

is there a way to call the contents of a user created gallery. Let's say https://www.europeana.eu/en/set/5879 for example.

Have a nice day
Christian

Jolan Wuyts

Sep 7, 2022, 12:06:35 PM9/7/22
to Europeana API forum
Hiya Christian,

yes you can call the contents of a user created gallery! Using the user sets API you can create a call like this: https://api.europeana.eu/set/5879.json?wskey=YOURAPIKEYHERE. You can request an API Key here.To get the actual items associated with your user set, paginate through your records like so: https://api.europeana.eu/set/5879?page=0&pageSize=100&wskey=YOURAPIKEYHERE

hope this helps

Best

Jolan

Christian Mayr Hofer

Sep 29, 2022, 9:32:16 AM9/29/22
to Europeana API forum
Thank you Jolan for this implementation!

I question myself how to receive its content because there is just a list of URLs. I would rather get the contents like the items-list in this query from a Search API query: https://api.europeana.eu/record/v2/search.json?media=true&profile=rich&query=torre%20Pisa&reusability=open&rows=20&sort=random&start=1&thumbnail=true&wskey=ranerrialsey

Background: I want to mash the items together with other content. See this example https://social.guide/italy/preview/www.unesco.it/

Cheers,
Christian

Christian Mayr Hofer

Sep 29, 2022, 9:33:34 AM9/29/22
to Europeana API forum
Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 15.26.48.png

Jolan Wuyts

Oct 26, 2022, 12:38:27 PM10/26/22
to Europeana API forum
Hi Christian,

the content is currently served by giving you a list of record URLs, yes, this won't change in the near future. You can use those URLs to make calls to the Record API to get the information you're looking for, though. You'd need to create a few more API requests per call in this way, but this is how our APIs are implemented. I hope this helps your project!

Best

Jolan