Europass interoperability services - End of Life

Athanassios Siaperas

May 15, 2020, 10:31:21 AM5/15/20
to Europass Interoperability

Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to read the announcement at https://interop.europass.cedefop.europa.eu/new-europass regarding the upcoming new Europass implemented by the European Commission, Directorate General Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion.

In short, the interoperability services as they currently stand will be discontinued as of 15 June 2020.

Progressively, new interoperability services will be implemented.

For more information as well as contact details, please read the announcement.

Many thanks

Kind regards

Ath. Siaperas

Cedefop ICT

Athanassios Siaperas

Jul 3, 2020, 6:10:18 AM7/3/20
to Europass Interoperability
New Europass
Note from the European Commission - Directorate General for Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion

The European Commission thank you for your interest in collaborating with Europass by making use of our interoperability services. We would like to inform you on the recent developments of Europass and its interoperability services.

Since 2018 we have been working on the simplification and modernisation of Europass following the adoption of the new Europass Decision on a common framework for the provision of better services for skills and qualifications (Europass). One of the main principles and features of this Decision focuses on ensuring technical interoperability and synergies with other relevant instruments and services offered at the EU and national levels.

Our team has been working on adapting the interoperability services of the current Europass to the possibilities offered by the new Europass online platform and its web-based tools. More concretely, we have worked on improving the exchange of information between the Europass platform and other third parties’ platforms. This will allow for a more transparent and user-friendly approach than, for instance, the current functionality of publishing a CV or the remote upload (and post-back). Consequently, as of 1st July 2020, some of the current interoperability services of Europass (i.e. Publish CV (post-to), REST API, Remote upload, Post-back and Statistics API) have been discontinued, and replaced by services progressively implemented throughout the upcoming months.  A new Europass XML schema will be used to all new Europass CV generated.

Should you need more information or clarification, please contact us so as to organise a call to explain the vision for interoperability with Europass to achieve a successful transition to the new mechanism. In addition, we would like to take this opportunity to further understand the processes that your software/platform covers, and the information flows between the different functionalities of your software/platform. This will be extremely helpful to implement an interoperability transition plan and to add value to the services provided to the end-users of both platforms (or between Europass and your software).

To this end,  we kindly ask you to provide us with your availability (indicating several timeslots) and contact details to organise an e-meeting with our team.

We invite you to learn more about the new Europass platform and we remain available to clarify any question you may have.

Looking forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Kindest regards