Modify the Europass Logo

nelssen....@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 5:45:57 AM4/3/15
to europass...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I've been searching in the Europass Interoperability and I don't see any information about the possibility of changing the Europass Logo.
Is it Possible?

Best Regards,
Nelssen

Europass Interoperability

Apr 3, 2015, 7:29:42 AM4/3/15
to europass...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

Currently, it is not possible to touch the logo but we're planning to release a new version soon which will allow you to remove it from the generated document both via the REST API and the online editor. However, it will not be possible to replace the logo with a new one.

Will that work for you?

Regards,

Dimitris Zavaliadis
Team Europass

nelssen....@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 3:11:38 PM4/3/15
to europass...@googlegroups.com
Hello Again!

That might not work for me. However independently of if it fits my needs or don't, I think that the new feature you are planning would have much more value if instead you could replace the icon for other enterprise logo. Because I think that the main users of the REST API will be enterprises. And they like to have their own logo in their CV documents, they feel more powerfull and unique. Just Removing the Europass logo is good but allowing the replacement of the logo would be, in my perspective, more complete.
Even if the image had to respect some restrictions, it would be just fine.

What are your thoughts about it, is it possible to adopt such direction?
I would be highly interested in this solution and maybe I'm not alone :)

Best Regards,
Nelssen

Europass Interoperability

Apr 6, 2015, 5:00:45 AM4/6/15
to europass...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nelssen,

I don't think completely replacing the Europass logo with a custom one could be an option. Even if you remove the Europass logo with the option described in my previous post, you will still get "© European Union, 2002-2015 | http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu" in the footer of the generated document. For obvious reasons, we need to keep some references (even if minimal) to the Europass "corporate" identity.

That said, we might consider a kind of double branding scheme where your company's logo coexists with the Europass logo in the header of the document. Would something like this be of interest to you?

Regards,

Dimitris Zavaliadis
Team Europass

nelssen....@gmail.com

Apr 6, 2015, 6:14:08 AM4/6/15
to europass...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dimitris,

I think that is totally valid and rewarding for Europass Team to have a reference in every CV. However, due to time constrains I've been forced to adopt another direction for the project that I am at moment. I cannot be precise with a date but I know that I'll have an other project where a service with those characteristics will be highly valuable. So yes, this solution interests me and is even better than what i propose, once it allows enterprises to have their logos in the CV and also displays who have put great effort to provide this great service. Just for better position my expectations, do you know when the service could be ready?

Best Regards,
Nelssen

Europass Interoperability

Apr 6, 2015, 7:12:01 AM4/6/15
to europass...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

Ok, I've added a ticket to our issue tracking system for this. Unfortunately though, I cannot give you a specific time estimate. It will have to be discussed with the team and then assigned a priority depending on demand as well as the rest of the issues in the pipeline.

Would it be possible to provide us with a few more details about the nature of the project you're currently working on as well as the project you're planning for the future?

Many thanks,

Dimitris

Nelssen Developer

Apr 6, 2015, 7:24:29 PM4/6/15
to Europass Interoperability, europass...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dimitris!

Thanks for the explanation.

The projects that I'm working on and the future project are from different natures. The first one is in the Construction sector and the second one in the IT sector. But both clients got consultants. And they use the CVs to propose their professionals to certain projects of certain clients.

HR professionals and the consultants use the Enterprise Website to access or modify data. And they are able to generate a pdf or a word file with the most recent information. Which can be quicly sent to potential clients.

this is the essential of both projects.

Best Regards,
Nelssen

Europass Interoperability

Apr 7, 2015, 2:48:17 AM4/7/15
to europass...@googlegroups.com, europa...@gmail.com
Hi Nelssen,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Well, that's exactly the use case we have in mind with the double branding scheme proposed above :-). E.g. companies that want to take part in calls for tenders where the CVs of the proposed team members are required.

I'll update this thread as soon as there are further news about the implementation of this feature, stay tuned.

Best regards,
Dimitris

On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 02:24:29 UTC+3, Nelssen Developer wrote:
Hello Dimitris!

Thanks for the explanation.

The projects that I'm working on and the future project are from different natures. The first one is in the Construction sector and the second one in the IT sector. But both clients got consultants. And they use the CVs to propose their professionals to certain projects of certain clients.

HR professionals and the consultants use the Enterprise Website to access or modify data. And they are able to generate a pdf or a word file with the most recent information. Which can be quicly sent to potential clients.

this is the essential of both projects.

Best Regards,
Nelssen

nelssen....@gmail.com