Re: Eureqa - Digest for eureqa-group@googlegroups.com - 4 Messages in 3 Topics

John Wild

Aug 20, 2013, 2:44:30 PM8/20/13
to eureqa...@googlegroups.com
Just spent an age wrestling with your sign up page.  Not sure what has gone wrong but the "reCapture" seems to have an issue.

Would be good to sort before you close down the Google Group

On 20 August 2013 01:00, <eureqa...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/eureqa-group/topics

    MO H <mhals...@gmail.com> Aug 18 04:03PM -0700

    I have just downloaded Eureqa (Mac Edition) and I love how smooth and easy
    is its GUI. I was wondering what programming language and GUI framework
    were used in the software development.

    Thanks!

    SeamusDonohueEVE <seamusdonoh...@gmail.com> Aug 18 05:55PM -0700

    I'm trying to use Eureqa to fit a solution to some x-versus-y data that I
    have, but based upon my intuition of the problem, I also need the solution
    to satisfy constraints that aren't properly data points.

    Specifically, I need a solution where, as x approaches infinity, y must
    approach 50 asymptotically. (That is, y approaches 50, and all derivatives
    dy/dx, d2y/dx2, d3y/dx3, and so on approach zero as x approaches infinity.
    Also, y is never less than 50.) If it helps, I can subtract 50 from all
    data points and express the constraint as "the value and all derivates
    approach zero as x approaches infinity".

    Is there a way to get Eureqa to do this?

    For those who are curious, the problem I'm trying to solve relates to a
    computer game and is detailed
    here: http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/Talk:Antimatter_Cannon#Reload_Equation_Research
    . As you can see, I have a solid basis for my "asymptote is 50" intuition,
    but absolutely no idea what building blocks might be involved in the
    solution.

    Thanks in advance!

Matt Fleming

Aug 20, 2013, 2:52:18 PM8/20/13
to eureqa...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Interesting - I have had one other report of someone having an issue with the captcha.  Would you be able to tell me what browser you were using?

As a quick workaround, you can sign in using your Google ID.  Just visit formulize.nutonian.com/forum and click 'sign in'.  You'll have the option to sign in with Gmail.

Thanks!

-Matt