How to conect midi for using Gmajor2 -Editor with Fcb1010 Eurkaprom2

madtr...@t-online.de

Jun 24, 2017, 6:09:34 AM6/24/17
to EurekaSound! Forum

Hello everybody
I would like parallel to my Fcb1010 (with Eureka2) controller the editor software of the Gmajor2 use. The goal is to simplify the editing of the Efeckt and at the same time to control the Gmajor2 and my Midifähigen Preamp (English midi / midi true) Of the eprom
The whole thing should go through the G setting in the Ep mode. Or is a different attitude required?
Question is generally Midi True activated in all Eureka setups or do I have to choose a certain configuration?
At the moment it's all about Midi ch1. How to set the Sysex Id of Gmajor2? How is the correct midi cabling?
Is there anything general to consider?
Is it no matter if I use the Gmajor2 the Midi out or Midi true socket for the return of the signal to the Fcb1010?

Greetings T. Hayduck

Dave

Jun 24, 2017, 7:33:56 AM6/24/17
to EurekaSound! Forum
Let me restate your question to make sure I understand:
"How can I have a EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 & a computer (with MIDI controlling software) both connected to my G-Major2?"

Is that correct?

I'd connect it like this:
Computer MIDI Out -> FCB1010 MIDI In, FCB1010 MIDI Out -> G-Major MIDI in

Any MIDI command that shows up at the FCB1010 from the computer will be passed through to the G-Major.

Hope that helps!

madtr...@t-online.de

Jun 24, 2017, 2:30:37 PM6/24/17
to EurekaSound! Forum
405/5000
My FCB Midi in does not seem to work. The cabling described below is not accepted by the editor. But I have found another solution about the tool midi ox + usb midispot 4x4. With Midi Ox you can route the whole thing and then work with the editor. Midi in / out A to Gmajor; Midi in b ---} Fcb out.
Only midi ox then start the editor. It works. Thank you!!

J Bucks

Mar 16, 2024, 3:14:14 PMMar 16
to EurekaSound! Forum
Hi

I did this connection  Computer MIDI Out -> FCB1010 MIDI In, FCB1010 MIDI Out -> G-Major MIDI in

HOwever my setup is FCB1010 - MOTU Express 128 - Gmajor 2

I want to control my Gmajor 2 from my FCB1010 passing thru the MOTU Express 128 (Midi Interface)

I had try all the possible combinations and it's not working.

Could someone advice how to do the MIDI cable conection of everything using the MOTU MIDI Interface?

Thank you in advance

Dave

Mar 17, 2024, 6:40:53 PMMar 17
to EurekaSound! Forum
Is there a way to enable MIDI thru on the MOTU interface?

Dave

Mar 17, 2024, 6:46:02 PMMar 17
to EurekaSound! Forum
If you'd like to be able to send MIDI to the G Major from your computer and your FCB1010, then I connect it like this:
MOTU MIDI Out -> FCB1010 MIDI In, FCB1010 MIDI Out -> GMajor MIDI in.
Then use a configuration on the EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 that permits pass-thru https://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/misc#h.p_ID_411