Can the expression pedal send data on different midi channels depending on the preset change?

Spin Forever

Apr 3, 2024, 3:17:46 PMApr 3
to EurekaSound! Forum

Hello and thank you for accepting me into the group.

 I have the original FCB1010 and my eureka moment will soon appear.

I'm looking, asking, browsing and I can't find the question that bothers me, please forgive me if I've been misunderstood.

My question - can eurekaprom3 do something like this:

 In bank/preset 01 I can send the value of the expression pedal, for example midi channel 03, and in another bank/preset the same expression pedal will send me data on another midi channel, for example 04? is it possible?

 so that it is possible to send data from the expression pedal to other channels depending on the bank and program change?

Thank you for your understanding . So far, the original FCB1010 with expression pedal can only configure one fixed midi channel globally.

I control UA apollo twin effects plug-ins via UA midicontrol. Thank you for the substantive explanations.

Dave

Apr 4, 2024, 9:07:36 AMApr 4
to EurekaSound! Forum
The EurekaPROM doesn't have a configuration that changes the expression pedal MIDI CC per preset.

Lanny Fuller

Apr 4, 2024, 9:07:48 AMApr 4
to EurekaSound! Forum
For more complicated, non-standard stuff like this I have found that the EurekaPROM in IO mode pairs nicely with the Bome MIDI Translator software.  This give you complete control over what every button or light will do in any given circumstance.
And having the interface on a screen instead of pushing buttons with your feet, hoping you got it right, is well worth it.

Spin Forever

Apr 4, 2024, 1:32:02 PMApr 4
to EurekaSound! Forum

Thank you for the factual explanation. Nevertheless, I feel obviously excited at the thought of discovering many other important features in prom3. I'm currently reviewing the trial Bone midi translator pro and I see that it's something for me. I'm discovering. meanwhile I'm sticking with pedalboard no. 1 noise gate sensitivity, pedalboard no.2 - dry/wet delay. on UAD apollo twin  universal audio.

I am open to the idea of ​​someone who will suggest an alternative solution - like in each subsequent bank with presets, have a different message from the pedalboard. Greetings and see you on YT!

Spin Forever

Apr 14, 2024, 1:14:26 AMApr 14
to EurekaSound! Forum

After familiarizing yourself with the elements of Bome midi translator pro (options - rules and

description ) it is possible. each signal from the controller will flow through a different channel. Moreover, the UA midi control application, by immediately changing presets, opens up the possibilities that I mentioned in the topic of this thread. expression pedals can now freely send the functions I need. Therefore, I consider the problem solved. Thank you for your help. Regards !