EurekaPROM 3.2 + FCB1010 + G-Major 1 + SansAmp 1.1 - HELP PLEASE

Igor “Aidzi” Chižňak

Jun 9, 2024, 11:28:20 AMJun 9
to EurekaSound! Forum
Hello,
I purchased "EurekaPROM 3.2, Replacement EPROM for the Behringer FCB1010" on eBay and would like to use the FCB1010 to control the G-Major 1 while also controlling the SansAmp 1.1 preamp.
G-Major can now be controlled - I have EP mode set to FCB1010, where I control the FX with the lower row and the presets in G-Major with the upper row. However, I can't set the MIDI mapping for SansAmp - which I can. Unfortunately, I have no idea what address the FCB1010 sends to G-Major when I press the 6 to 10 key.. Can someone give me some quick advice please?
Thank you for your time.
Igor

Dave

Jun 10, 2024, 9:41:01 PMJun 10
to EurekaSound! Forum
Igor,

Ah, yes, a multi-device setup.

The MIDI cabling for a multi-device setup looks like this:
  • EurekaPROM-enabled FCB1010 MIDI Out -> Device 1 MIDI In
  • Device 1 MIDI out/thru -> Device 2 MIDI In
  • Device 2 MIDI out/thru -> Device 3 MIDI In
  • and so on…

The way to approach this is to use a different MIDI channel per device.  You'll need to set up each device to "listen" on a unique MIDI channel.  For example, set Device 1 (G-Major) to listen on MIDI channel 1, Device 2 (SansAmp) to listen on MIDI channel 2, etc.

In the PP Programmable configuration you can assign a MIDI channel to each pedal in EFfects mode as well as the MIDI CC# that the pedal sends.  You also get to choose a MIDI channel  for each Expression Pedal.  And Pr mode lets you change the MIDI channel using pedals 1 & 6. In this way, you could have some pedals in EFfects mode send to Device 1, some pedals that send to Device 2, expression pedals that control Device 3, and program changes on all devices.  Pretty cool, huh?