Compatibility/Feasibility of running in an OpenStack environment

Brian Ploetz

Jun 11, 2014, 1:00:44 PM6/11/14
to eureka_...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We are currently evaluating Eureka as a potential building block of our service discovery infrastructure. While it's clear that Eureka is able to run in an AWS environment, our infrastructure runs across many different hosting environments. Thus we have a requirement that Eureka runs not only in AWS, but also in co-location facilities that are OpenStack compatible.

My question is, is Eureka capable of running in an OpenStack compatible environment? If so, has anyone actually deployed Eureka to an OpenStack environment? We're looking for pointers about how to configure Eureka for such an environment, potential gotchas, etc.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!
BP